- Walk to work if possible. If you drive to work, park away from the door-back corner of the parking lot, down the block, etc.
- Regular walk breaks around the office-tired of staring at the screen? Get up and walk around the office.
- Take the stairs and not the elevator.
- Walk on your lunch break.
- Visit colleagues in person rather than calling or e-mailing
- Stand whenever possible/pace while on the telephone.
- Have time to kill before an appointment? Walk up and down the hallway or do calf raises.
- Walk or ride a bike to the store if possible.
- Hide the remote so that you have to get up to change the channel.
- Wash your car by hand.
- Recruit an activity buddy-this includes 4 legged friends!
- Keep comfortable shoes in your car so when you are out and about, you have no excuse, you can go walking!
10 Reasons to Get Moving
- Makes you feel great-really it does!
- Helps boost your metabolism.
- Burns off calories, which in turn aids in weight loss
- Tones muscles and improves shape.
- Helps to lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- Can reduce your risk of heart disease, stroke, diabetes, and some cancers.
- Improves sleep, promotes relaxation, and combats depression.
- Increases strength and flexibility.
- Keeps bones healthy and prevents falls in the elderly.
- Helps you maintain your desired weight for a lifetime.